ABC7 Traffic Center
Cell service, wi-fi coming to more subway stations
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Cell phone service will soon be available to subway riders in Queens.
The MTA says 40 stations in Queens will be the next to be wired for cell phone service and wi-fi.
Thirty stations in Manhattan will see the new services, as well.
The upgrades are slated for next year as part of a seven-year plan to outfit the entire subway system.
The only stops currently wired for cell and wi-fi service are in Manhattan at stations at 14th Street and the C and E stations at 23rd Street on Eighth Avenue.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 37 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 37 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 28 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 28 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
21 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
37 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos