ABC7 Traffic Center
Sagging power lines cause problems on NJ Turnpike
LEONIA (WABC) -- A 2 mile section of the northbound New Jersey Turnpike reopened shortly after 7:00 p.m. in Leonia after emergency work on sagging power lines.
PSE&G discovered a cracked utility pole that was causing power lines over the Turnpike to sag.
Lanes in both directions were closed around 5:00 p.m.
Southbound lanes reopened just after 7:00 p.m. Northbound traffic opened a short time later.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 6 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 56 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 1 min ago
- First lawsuit filed in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
6 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
1 min ago