ABC7 Traffic Center
2 crashes cause traffic for Lincoln Tunnel drivers
WEEHAWKEN (WABC) -- On Monday there was more trouble for motorists trying to get into and out of New York City. An eight-vehicle crash closed an outbound tube of the Lincoln Tunnel. The crash occurred at about 12:30 p.m.
Two buses collided on Route 495 in Weehawken Monday morning, temporarily closing the Lincoln Tunnel.
NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder says a bus operated by Martz Trailways rear-ended a NJ Transit bus that was carrying 45 passengers from Paramus to the Port Authority bus terminal just before 7:30 a.m.
Port Authority spokesman Ron Marsico says approximately 20 people were injured, including at least two in serious condition.
The accident forced officials to close the Lincoln Tunnel leading out of New York City until just before 10 a.m. Inbound traffic was also heavily delayed into Manhattan.
A second accident on Route 495 between a tractor-trailer and another NJ Transit bus added to the delays.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says five people were injured in the afternoon crash.
LINK: CHECK OUT SLIDESHOW
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring 9 min ago
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Calendar says winter, feels like spring
9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
3 min ago