ABC7 Traffic Center
2 crashes cause traffic for Lincoln Tunnel drivers
WEEHAWKEN (WABC) -- On Monday there was more trouble for motorists trying to get into and out of New York City. An eight-vehicle crash closed an outbound tube of the Lincoln Tunnel. The crash occurred at about 12:30 p.m.
Two buses collided on Route 495 in Weehawken Monday morning, temporarily closing the Lincoln Tunnel.
NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder says a bus operated by Martz Trailways rear-ended a NJ Transit bus that was carrying 45 passengers from Paramus to the Port Authority bus terminal just before 7:30 a.m.
Port Authority spokesman Ron Marsico says approximately 20 people were injured, including at least two in serious condition.
The accident forced officials to close the Lincoln Tunnel leading out of New York City until just before 10 a.m. Inbound traffic was also heavily delayed into Manhattan.
A second accident on Route 495 between a tractor-trailer and another NJ Transit bus added to the delays.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says five people were injured in the afternoon crash.
LINK: CHECK OUT SLIDESHOW
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 26 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 27 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage