ABC7 Traffic Center
2 crashes cause traffic for Lincoln Tunnel drivers
WEEHAWKEN (WABC) -- On Monday there was more trouble for motorists trying to get into and out of New York City. An eight-vehicle crash closed an outbound tube of the Lincoln Tunnel. The crash occurred at about 12:30 p.m.
Two buses collided on Route 495 in Weehawken Monday morning, temporarily closing the Lincoln Tunnel.
NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder says a bus operated by Martz Trailways rear-ended a NJ Transit bus that was carrying 45 passengers from Paramus to the Port Authority bus terminal just before 7:30 a.m.
Port Authority spokesman Ron Marsico says approximately 20 people were injured, including at least two in serious condition.
The accident forced officials to close the Lincoln Tunnel leading out of New York City until just before 10 a.m. Inbound traffic was also heavily delayed into Manhattan.
A second accident on Route 495 between a tractor-trailer and another NJ Transit bus added to the delays.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says five people were injured in the afternoon crash.
LINK: CHECK OUT SLIDESHOW
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees