ABC7 Traffic Center
2 crashes cause traffic for Lincoln Tunnel drivers
WEEHAWKEN (WABC) -- On Monday there was more trouble for motorists trying to get into and out of New York City. An eight-vehicle crash closed an outbound tube of the Lincoln Tunnel. The crash occurred at about 12:30 p.m.
Two buses collided on Route 495 in Weehawken Monday morning, temporarily closing the Lincoln Tunnel.
NJ Transit spokeswoman Nancy Snyder says a bus operated by Martz Trailways rear-ended a NJ Transit bus that was carrying 45 passengers from Paramus to the Port Authority bus terminal just before 7:30 a.m.
Port Authority spokesman Ron Marsico says approximately 20 people were injured, including at least two in serious condition.
The accident forced officials to close the Lincoln Tunnel leading out of New York City until just before 10 a.m. Inbound traffic was also heavily delayed into Manhattan.
A second accident on Route 495 between a tractor-trailer and another NJ Transit bus added to the delays.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says five people were injured in the afternoon crash.
LINK: CHECK OUT SLIDESHOW
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
abc7 traffic center
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 21 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 22 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos