ABC7 Traffic Center
Verrazano-Narrows getting $236 million makeover
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA plans to spend nearly $236 million to rip apart and replace the upper roadway of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
The plan is to create the authority's first reversible HOV lane.
The new lane will connect with HOV lanes that lead up to both ends of the bridge.
Construction will begin next year, and it's expected to be completed in four years.
The upper level of the bridge will remain open while the new roadway is installed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 24 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 1 min ago
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
1 min ago