ABC7 Traffic Center
Verrazano-Narrows getting $236 million makeover
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA plans to spend nearly $236 million to rip apart and replace the upper roadway of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
The plan is to create the authority's first reversible HOV lane.
The new lane will connect with HOV lanes that lead up to both ends of the bridge.
Construction will begin next year, and it's expected to be completed in four years.
The upper level of the bridge will remain open while the new roadway is installed.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run 13 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 22 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 52 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
41 min ago