ABC7 Traffic Center
Smoke condition affects Barclays Center commute
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Earlier Tuesday evening, a smoke condition at the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center subway station affected 2-3-4 and 5 trains.
Southbound 2 and 3 trains are turned around at Chambers Street. Southbound 4 and 5 trains were turning around at Bowling Green.
The smoke condition started at around 6pm when a southbound 2 train was stopped at the station because of a sick passenger. Smoke started coming from the train or the tracks, and the station was evacuated as a result.
The cause of the smoke condition is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings 59 min ago
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
54 min ago
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in...
59 min ago