ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA launches 'Subway Time' smartphone app
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA has launched a new way to let you know when the subway train is coming before you go underground.
It's new technology to help you get around town.
The Subway Time smartphone app reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines.
Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
At first, the app is only available for passengers with iPhones and iPod Touch devices. To get it, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Android and Windows versions are in the works.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothes dead, 3 firefighters hurt 2 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 42 min ago
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC botique 17 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident