ABC7 Traffic Center
Weekend service suspensions on No. 7 subway line
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is a commuter alert for straphangers who depend on the No. 7 subway line.
The line is in the midst of 13 planned service suspensions on the line between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square.
There will be no service between 11:45 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday each weekend.
Customers are advised to use the E, F, N or Q to travel between Manhattan and Queens. There is also a free shuttle bus operating between Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue and Queensboro Plaza. Q service will be extended to and from Astoria-Ditmars Blvd. during the daytime hours. In Manhattan, the 42nd Street S shuttle will operate overnight throughout the weekend.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 18 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation 51 min ago
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale 13 min ago
- Springsteen 'Born to Run' draft sells for $197K
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
18 min ago