ABC7 Traffic Center
New Year's Eve transportation information
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you are planning on taking public transportation on New Year's Eve or in the early morning hours of New Year's Day, there are some changes.
NYC Transit: Following the celebration, trains on lines in and around Times Square will run every 8 to 12 minutes until approximately 3 a.m. The 42nd Street shuttle S will operate all night. Buses are not recommended for traveling to/from Times Square because of street closures.
LIRR: 14 additional eastbound trains from Penn Station between 12:36AM and 4:20 AM. Also adding extra service from Atlantic Terminal for fans leaving the Jay-Z/Coldplay concert at the Barclays Center. No alcohol on trains or platforms until noon Tuesday.
Metro-North: Running extra post midnight outbound service throughout the night from Grand Central. There will be gate collection of tickets so customers cannot board a train without a valid ticket. No alcohol on trains or platforms until noon Tuesday.
NJ Transit: After midnight New Year's Day, special late-night trains will operate on most rail lines, and expanded bus service will be provided from the Port Authority Bus Terminal between midnight and 5:30 a.m. on selected routes.
PATH: Running overnight for the first time since Sandy on the HOB-33 and NWK-33 lines from 10p until 5am tomorrow morning. No service overnight to or from Exchange Place or World Trade Center
MTA Bridges and Tunnels: Officers, sergeants and lieutenants will be station at all MTA crossings looking for drivers suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Bridges and Tunnel personnel have arrested 289 individuals at its seven bridges and two tunnels this year for driving under the influence.
For the latest updates visit: http://www.mta.info
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 51 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 7 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 15 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced