ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North riders ring in new year with fare hike
NEW HAVEN (WABC) -- Train riders in Connecticut are facing fare hikes this new year. Metro North riders rang in 2013 with a 5 percent increase in ticket prices.
That means a one-way peak fare from New Haven to Grand Central is up one dollar.
Weekly passes are up $7, while a monthly ticket has gone from $415 to $436.
Shore Line East riders are seeing higher fares as well.
It is the second fare hike in eight years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 38 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 13 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
45 min ago