ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices up 2 cents along New Jersey toll roads
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas went up 2 cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.32 instead of $3.30.
Still, the highways offer some of the cheapest gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, garden state parkway, new jersey turnpike, abc7 traffic center
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 6 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 29 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 46 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion 10 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
14 min ago