ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA expands 'Subway Time' to all smartphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA's new way to let you know when the train is coming before you go underground is now available on all devices.
The Subway Time smartphone app, which is presently only available on iPhones and iPod Touch devices, reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines. Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
To get it for Apple products, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Customers who want to access the train arrival estimates and have Android, BlackBerry or other devices with mobile web can go to On The Go, the MTA's mobile website, at OnTheGo.MTA.info.
Once there, you will see a menu of 11 features, including maps, current service status, MTA Bus Time, Trip Planner and a list of out-of-system MetroCard merchants.
Each station page shows northbound trains at the top and southbound trains at the bottom. Each row of data shows the next train's route indicator, its final destination and how many minutes are expected until it arrives at the station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 34 min ago
- Long Island man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car 7 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse