ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA expands 'Subway Time' to all smartphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA's new way to let you know when the train is coming before you go underground is now available on all devices.
The Subway Time smartphone app, which is presently only available on iPhones and iPod Touch devices, reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines. Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
To get it for Apple products, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Customers who want to access the train arrival estimates and have Android, BlackBerry or other devices with mobile web can go to On The Go, the MTA's mobile website, at OnTheGo.MTA.info.
Once there, you will see a menu of 11 features, including maps, current service status, MTA Bus Time, Trip Planner and a list of out-of-system MetroCard merchants.
Each station page shows northbound trains at the top and southbound trains at the bottom. Each row of data shows the next train's route indicator, its final destination and how many minutes are expected until it arrives at the station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines