ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA expands 'Subway Time' to all smartphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA's new way to let you know when the train is coming before you go underground is now available on all devices.
The Subway Time smartphone app, which is presently only available on iPhones and iPod Touch devices, reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines. Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
To get it for Apple products, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Customers who want to access the train arrival estimates and have Android, BlackBerry or other devices with mobile web can go to On The Go, the MTA's mobile website, at OnTheGo.MTA.info.
Once there, you will see a menu of 11 features, including maps, current service status, MTA Bus Time, Trip Planner and a list of out-of-system MetroCard merchants.
Each station page shows northbound trains at the top and southbound trains at the bottom. Each row of data shows the next train's route indicator, its final destination and how many minutes are expected until it arrives at the station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 4 min ago
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman