ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA expands 'Subway Time' to all smartphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA's new way to let you know when the train is coming before you go underground is now available on all devices.
The Subway Time smartphone app, which is presently only available on iPhones and iPod Touch devices, reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines. Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
To get it for Apple products, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Customers who want to access the train arrival estimates and have Android, BlackBerry or other devices with mobile web can go to On The Go, the MTA's mobile website, at OnTheGo.MTA.info.
Once there, you will see a menu of 11 features, including maps, current service status, MTA Bus Time, Trip Planner and a list of out-of-system MetroCard merchants.
Each station page shows northbound trains at the top and southbound trains at the bottom. Each row of data shows the next train's route indicator, its final destination and how many minutes are expected until it arrives at the station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 11 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 46 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 53 min ago