ABC7 Traffic Center
MTA expands 'Subway Time' to all smartphones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The MTA's new way to let you know when the train is coming before you go underground is now available on all devices.
The Subway Time smartphone app, which is presently only available on iPhones and iPod Touch devices, reveals train arrival times on seven of the city's 24 lines. Subway Time tracks trains on the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 lines, along with the 42nd Street shuttle.
To get it for Apple products, visit the App Store and search for MTA Subway Time.
Customers who want to access the train arrival estimates and have Android, BlackBerry or other devices with mobile web can go to On The Go, the MTA's mobile website, at OnTheGo.MTA.info.
Once there, you will see a menu of 11 features, including maps, current service status, MTA Bus Time, Trip Planner and a list of out-of-system MetroCard merchants.
Each station page shows northbound trains at the top and southbound trains at the bottom. Each row of data shows the next train's route indicator, its final destination and how many minutes are expected until it arrives at the station.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 30 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite 5 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win