ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway lines still affected by water main break
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Several subway lines are still being affected by Friday's water main break in the Flatiron District at 23rd Street and Broadway.
Crews worked late into the night repairing road damage in the area, but the subway station at 23rd and Broadway remains closed.
The break happened around 11:30 a.m. sending water into the streets and the subway. Officials say Fifth Avenue is shut down at Broadway and undermined. Repairs will take several days and 5th will need to be closed entirely between 25th and 23rd.
In terms of subway service, the water main break impacted service on the N, Q and R trains. The water went down vent grates into the station area, officials said. MTA says pumpout operations and inspections were completed in the evening.
As of 7:15 p.m., B - Normal service; some trains via southbound local, (Prospect Park-Brighton Beach)
D - Normal service;
N - Express in Manhattan and via the Montague Street Tunnel to/from Brooklyn
Q - Normal service
R - Both directions via the F between 36th Street (Qns) and 47th-50th Street/Rockefeller Center then run on the D line in both directions between and 47th-50th Street/Rockefeller Center and DeKalb Avenue.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, water main break, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island 54 min ago
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 33 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 44 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos