ABC7 Traffic Center
Many NJ Transit train riders headed for fare hike
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Many New Jersey Transit riders are headed for a fare hike next month.
The increase takes effect March 1 at roughly half of the stations on the Main, Bergen and Pascack Valley lines.
NJ Transit officials say the hike is an automatic increase.
It is being triggered by higher fares imposed on March 1 by Metro-North.
A one-way ticket on a 14-zone trip along the Main and Bergen lines to New York will increas from $12.25 to $13.
A monthly pass to New York from Montvale will climb from $270 to $284.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey transit, new jersey, mass transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman 48 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 32 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 14 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos