ABC7 Traffic Center
Fare hikes take effect for MTA riders
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Less money in your pockets the next time you ride the subway or bus.
The MTA's latest round of fare hikes takes effect on Friday.
Individual rides on subways and buses along with unlimited ride metrocards are going up.
Fares for Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North riders will increase as well.
Subways and buses will jump a quarter to $2.50.
Express buses go up to $6.
And a single-ride metrocard will cost $2.75.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 35 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 36 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos