ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices down 5 cents along New Jersey toll roads
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas went down five cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.57 instead of $3.62.
Still, the highways offer some of the cheapest gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
gas prices, travel, garden state parkway, new jersey turnpike, abc7 traffic center
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 9 min ago
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters 27 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos