ABC7 Traffic Center
Smith Street subway station to reopen in late April
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two Brooklyn neighborhoods will have to wait another month before they get their subway station back.
The Smith and 9th Street station that services Red Hook and Carroll Gardens has been closed since June and was supposed to re-open this month.
But now, officials say the F and G trains won't start making regular stops until late April.
The reconstruction work included rehabilitated stairs and platforms and new lighting.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act