ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North adds 187 trains to various lines this week
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Metro-North is adding 187 trains to its schedule this week in what is the biggest and most ambitious expansion in the railroad's history.
This is in addition to the 56 trains added last October.
The added trains will mean more off-peak and weekend service, as well as faster service for weekday customers.
The extra trains run in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
Also, nine more weekend trains have been added on the New Haven Line and an extra 85 weekday and 22 weekend trains are running on the Hudson Line.
The Harlem Line will have an additional 65 weekday and six additional weekend trains.
For additional details about new train service, visit The Metro-North website.
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos