ABC7 Traffic Center
Metro-North adds 187 trains to various lines this week
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Metro-North is adding 187 trains to its schedule this week in what is the biggest and most ambitious expansion in the railroad's history.
This is in addition to the 56 trains added last October.
The added trains will mean more off-peak and weekend service, as well as faster service for weekday customers.
The extra trains run in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
Also, nine more weekend trains have been added on the New Haven Line and an extra 85 weekday and 22 weekend trains are running on the Hudson Line.
The Harlem Line will have an additional 65 weekday and six additional weekend trains.
For additional details about new train service, visit The Metro-North website.
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- At least 2 dead, 14 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site 11 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million