ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR begins non-stop Hamptons service from Penn Station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Getting out to eastern Long Island from Manhattan is now a whole lot easier.
The Long Island Rail Road is now running express trains from Penn Station to the Hamptons.
The new route, called the Cannonball train, began this Memorial Day weekend.
It used to originate in Queens and now won't even stop there, saving a lot of time in the process on the way to the Westhampton Beach station en route to Montauk.
The Friday afternoon train will get you from concrete to sand in a little more than an hour and a half.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014