ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH service resumes after earlier signal trouble
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Signal trouble caused several service disruptions on the PATH this evening.
There were hundreds of commuters lined up for New York Waterway tickets after PATH service was suspended Monday evening due to signal problems.
The signal problems crippled PATH during the critical evening rush hour causing serious delays.
Newscopter 7 up above captured all of the long lines as commuters looked for ways out of Manhattan while on the Jersey Side in Hoboken there was an additional wait for buses.
But the longest wait seemed to be at the Ferry Terminal at the World Financial Center in Lower Manhattan.
New York Waterways was not prepared for the rush of customers nor did they adjust.
Most of their ticket counters remained closed.
Ferrys pushed away from the terminal with only a handful of passengers.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks 22 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 52 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Majority of debris removed from explosion...
53 min ago
- Residents displaced by explosion search for...
54 min ago
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of...
52 min ago