ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH service resumes after earlier signal trouble
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Signal trouble caused several service disruptions on the PATH this evening.
There were hundreds of commuters lined up for New York Waterway tickets after PATH service was suspended Monday evening due to signal problems.
The signal problems crippled PATH during the critical evening rush hour causing serious delays.
Newscopter 7 up above captured all of the long lines as commuters looked for ways out of Manhattan while on the Jersey Side in Hoboken there was an additional wait for buses.
But the longest wait seemed to be at the Ferry Terminal at the World Financial Center in Lower Manhattan.
New York Waterways was not prepared for the rush of customers nor did they adjust.
Most of their ticket counters remained closed.
Ferrys pushed away from the terminal with only a handful of passengers.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
22 min ago