ABC7 Traffic Center
PATH service resumes after earlier signal trouble
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Signal trouble caused several service disruptions on the PATH this evening.
There were hundreds of commuters lined up for New York Waterway tickets after PATH service was suspended Monday evening due to signal problems.
The signal problems crippled PATH during the critical evening rush hour causing serious delays.
Newscopter 7 up above captured all of the long lines as commuters looked for ways out of Manhattan while on the Jersey Side in Hoboken there was an additional wait for buses.
But the longest wait seemed to be at the Ferry Terminal at the World Financial Center in Lower Manhattan.
New York Waterways was not prepared for the rush of customers nor did they adjust.
Most of their ticket counters remained closed.
Ferrys pushed away from the terminal with only a handful of passengers.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash