ABC7 Traffic Center
Brush fire out, but delays remain on Metro North
BRONX (WABC) -- A brush fire burned along the tracks in Riverdale causing delays on the Metro North Hudson Line.
The fire started around 5:20 p.m. on Wednesday near Palisade Avenue and West 232nd Street.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out around 7:30 p.m.
Two of the four tracks that run through the area where the fire was burning are open.
Trains are passing through the area, with delays of up to 40 minutes.
mass transit, metro north, abc7 traffic center
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 31 min ago
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 35 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare 9 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 6 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million