ABC7 Traffic Center
Tractor-trailer crash stalls George Washington Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An out-of-control tractor trailer carrying steel beams struck a toll booth at the George Washington Bridge Monday morning.
The tractor trailer lost control on the inbound upper level just past the toll plaza at around 10:55 a.m.
The truck dropped the steel beams into one of the toll booths.
Five inbound lanes were closed as Port Authority police investigated. Only two lanes remain closed, and it was not clear if things would be cleared in time for the evening commute.
No injuries were reported.
george washington bridge, accident, abc7 traffic center
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos