ABC7 Traffic Center
Tractor-trailer crash stalls George Washington Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An out-of-control tractor trailer carrying steel beams struck a toll booth at the George Washington Bridge Monday morning.
The tractor trailer lost control on the inbound upper level just past the toll plaza at around 10:55 a.m.
The truck dropped the steel beams into one of the toll booths.
Five inbound lanes were closed as Port Authority police investigated. Only two lanes remain closed, and it was not clear if things would be cleared in time for the evening commute.
No injuries were reported.
george washington bridge, accident, abc7 traffic center
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays
- Snow coming down in New York City 41 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 16 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 24 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 11 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos