ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR westbound service restored with delays
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Long Island Rail Road westbound service has been restored with delays between Jamaica Station and Penn Station.
It had been suspended to fix delays caused by the earlier suspensions due to downed powerlines.
Only one tunnel was having a problem, which is why only the westbound trains were affected.
There are 30 minute delays eastbound due to the westbound suspensions.
Subways are cross honoring for impacted passengers.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos