ABC7 Traffic Center
NJ Transit, PATH problems caused delays for commuters
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Commuters heading to New Jersey faced slow going Tuesday evening due to problems with NJ Transit and PATH service.
PATH service was suspended for up to an hour between Journal Square and 33rd Street and Journal Square and World Trade Center because of signal problems. Meanwhile, NJ Transit had delays in and out of Penn Station for almost three and a half hours, also because of signal problems. By 9:30 p.m., repairs had been completed on both rail lines, and service had returned to normal. During the delays, NJ Transit rail tickets were cross honored by PATH and NJ Transit buses out of the Port Authority.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 47 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 28 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 41 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 27 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
45 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
47 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
41 min ago