ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service resumes to the Rockaways after Hurricane Sandy
ROCKAWAYS -- Subway service is returning to the Rockaways for the first time since Superstorm Sandy.
The MTA says A and S service returned at noon Thursday.
Trains are operating to and from the Rockaways for the first time since Sandy washed out 1,500 feet of tracks, destroyed power and communications wires and flooded the Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street stations.
mass transit, rockaways, superstorm sandy, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013