ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service resumes to the Rockaways after Hurricane Sandy
ROCKAWAYS -- Subway service is returning to the Rockaways for the first time since Superstorm Sandy.
The MTA says A and S service returned at noon Thursday.
Trains are operating to and from the Rockaways for the first time since Sandy washed out 1,500 feet of tracks, destroyed power and communications wires and flooded the Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street stations.
mass transit, rockaways, superstorm sandy, subway, abc7 traffic center
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 21 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
37 min ago