ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey Transit adjusts schedules for track work
NEWARK -- New Jersey Transit rail passengers will face new schedules Sunday because of track work along the Northeast Corridor.
Amtrak, which owns the rails, is replacing rail ties. Track 4 will be taken out of service for several months between New Brunswick and Metuchen.
NJ Transit's new schedule reflects keeping one track in each direction for local service while using the remaining track for express trains during peak hours.
The new schedule shows slightly longer trip times for trains to and from Trenton. There are changes to departure times and a reduction in the total number of train stops through the work zone during non-peak hours.
Amtrak is installing special boarding platform bridges at New Brunswick, Edison and Metuchen stations.
new jersey transit, mass transit, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 31 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97