ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey Transit adjusts schedules for track work
NEWARK -- New Jersey Transit rail passengers will face new schedules Sunday because of track work along the Northeast Corridor.
Amtrak, which owns the rails, is replacing rail ties. Track 4 will be taken out of service for several months between New Brunswick and Metuchen.
NJ Transit's new schedule reflects keeping one track in each direction for local service while using the remaining track for express trains during peak hours.
The new schedule shows slightly longer trip times for trains to and from Trenton. There are changes to departure times and a reduction in the total number of train stops through the work zone during non-peak hours.
Amtrak is installing special boarding platform bridges at New Brunswick, Edison and Metuchen stations.
new jersey transit, mass transit, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 40 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
4 min ago