ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices stay stable
NEWARK, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing stable prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.42, the same price as last week.
But that's still lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.54.
The stable prices end a four-week stretch where pump prices had risen in New Jersey.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by 4 cents to $3.61. That's also a penny lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.62.
Analysts say the stable prices are mostly due to flat crude oil prices.
gas prices, travel, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos