ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices stay stable
NEWARK, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing stable prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.42, the same price as last week.
But that's still lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.54.
The stable prices end a four-week stretch where pump prices had risen in New Jersey.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by 4 cents to $3.61. That's also a penny lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.62.
Analysts say the stable prices are mostly due to flat crude oil prices.
gas prices, travel, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap 17 min ago
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos