ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices stay stable
NEWARK, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing stable prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.42, the same price as last week.
But that's still lower than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.54.
The stable prices end a four-week stretch where pump prices had risen in New Jersey.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by 4 cents to $3.61. That's also a penny lower than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.62.
Analysts say the stable prices are mostly due to flat crude oil prices.
gas prices, travel, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 54 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 35 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
35 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
54 min ago