ABC7 Traffic Center
Jackknifed tractor-trailer stalls Major Deegan in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- If you take the Major Deegan Expressway through the Bronx to get to work, you hopefully avoided a major accident that made for a nightmare commute Wednesday morning.
A jackknifed tractor-trailer blocked the southbound lanes just south of Yankee Stadium, wreaking havoc on the commute.
The accident happened just after 6:30 a.m.
Emergency vehicles also responded on the northbound side, backing up traffic there as well, to go along with rubbernecking delays.
Southbound traffic was squeezing by on the shoulder by 7:30 a.m., but the backup stretched for miles.
The scene was cleared by 8:30 a.m., but residual delays continued, particularly at the George Washington Bridge.
major deegan expressway, bronx, abc7 traffic center
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 54 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 10 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 16 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
42 min ago