ABC7 Traffic Center
Jackknifed tractor-trailer stalls Major Deegan in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- If you take the Major Deegan Expressway through the Bronx to get to work, you hopefully avoided a major accident that made for a nightmare commute Wednesday morning.
A jackknifed tractor-trailer blocked the southbound lanes just south of Yankee Stadium, wreaking havoc on the commute.
The accident happened just after 6:30 a.m.
Emergency vehicles also responded on the northbound side, backing up traffic there as well, to go along with rubbernecking delays.
Southbound traffic was squeezing by on the shoulder by 7:30 a.m., but the backup stretched for miles.
The scene was cleared by 8:30 a.m., but residual delays continued, particularly at the George Washington Bridge.
major deegan expressway, bronx, abc7 traffic center
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 6 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 49 min ago
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island 50 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 53 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
53 min ago