ABC7 Traffic Center
Jackknifed tractor-trailer stalls Major Deegan in the Bronx
BRONX (WABC) -- If you take the Major Deegan Expressway through the Bronx to get to work, you hopefully avoided a major accident that made for a nightmare commute Wednesday morning.
A jackknifed tractor-trailer blocked the southbound lanes just south of Yankee Stadium, wreaking havoc on the commute.
The accident happened just after 6:30 a.m.
Emergency vehicles also responded on the northbound side, backing up traffic there as well, to go along with rubbernecking delays.
Southbound traffic was squeezing by on the shoulder by 7:30 a.m., but the backup stretched for miles.
The scene was cleared by 8:30 a.m., but residual delays continued, particularly at the George Washington Bridge.
major deegan expressway, bronx, abc7 traffic center
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation