ABC7 Traffic Center
LIRR service restored between Atlantic Terminal, Jamaica
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The LIRR has restored service between Atlantic Terminal and Jamaica.
Officials report switch problems forced LIRR to suspended service in both directions shortly after 3:00 p.m..
The 4:16PM train from Atlantic Terminal due in Babylon at 5:28PM was the first eastbound to run through.
Westbound service between Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal was restored around 4:30 p.m.
NYC Transit cross-honored LIRR tickets on the 2 or 3 subway lines between Atlantic Terminal and Penn Station.
Expect residual delays, officials said.
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos