ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices down 3 cents along New Jersey toll roads
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The price of a regular gallon of gas went down 3 cents on New Jersey toll roads Friday morning.
A gallon of gas on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway will now cost you $3.39 instead of $3.42.
Still, the highways offer some of the cheapest gas in the area, and motorists are taking note.
"I live on Staten Island, but I try to fill up in Jersey every chance I get," driver Tony Ablavskiy said.
Gas prices only increase once a week on the two highways, maintained by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Authority surveys 100 gas stations, located off the highway, every Wednesday and Thursday to determine an average statewide price, and implements the increases Friday morning. The service area per-gallon cost cannot be more than 3 cents above that average price.
gas prices, travel, garden state parkway, new jersey turnpike, abc7 traffic center
- PATH service suspended due to leaning pole 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 45 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak 29 min ago
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 1 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 2 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains 27 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas