ABC7 Traffic Center
Fatal 1-car crash snarls morning commute on LIE
JERICHO (WABC) -- One person was killed in a crash that shut down the eastbound Long Island Expressway for more than three hours during the Friday morning commute.
The one-car crash happened at exit 42 in Jericho, near the crossover to the Northern State Parkway just after 3:30 a.m.
It appeared the car bounced off the center divider before careening back across the roadway and coming to a stop on the right shoulder.
The 47-year-old man driving the Nissan SUV was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Traffic was being diverted to the service road at the Jericho Turnpike exit at Route 106/107. The highway reopened just after 7 a.m.
long island, long island expressway, accident, abc7 traffic center
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters 39 min ago
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city 41 min ago
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
41 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
32 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new...
39 min ago