ABC7 Traffic Center
Section of Bruckner shut for emergency repairs
HUNTS POINT (WABC) -- A section of the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx remains closed for emergency repairs.
Crews are fixing giant holes that opened up on the road Thursday in Hunts Point.
Two eastbound lanes approaching Bronx River Avenue will be closed until 3 p.m. Saturday.
The eastbound entrance ramp from Bruckner Boulevard to the Bruckner Expressway at Bronx River Avenue will also be closed during this time.
Workers will perform full-depth concrete deck repairs on deck damage that appeared during rush hour.
These permanent repairs will replace a temporary steel plate that has been in place since shortly after the deck damage appeared.
Travelers can expect delays and should consider alternate routes.
bronx, abc7 traffic center
- Snowstorm moves into New York area 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 32 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 32 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 46 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 55 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
46 min ago
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos