ABC7 Traffic Center
Section of Bruckner shut for emergency repairs
HUNTS POINT (WABC) -- A section of the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx remains closed for emergency repairs.
Crews are fixing giant holes that opened up on the road Thursday in Hunts Point.
Two eastbound lanes approaching Bronx River Avenue will be closed until 3 p.m. Saturday.
The eastbound entrance ramp from Bruckner Boulevard to the Bruckner Expressway at Bronx River Avenue will also be closed during this time.
Workers will perform full-depth concrete deck repairs on deck damage that appeared during rush hour.
These permanent repairs will replace a temporary steel plate that has been in place since shortly after the deck damage appeared.
Travelers can expect delays and should consider alternate routes.
bronx, abc7 traffic center
- Bronx sweep nets dozens of suspected gang members 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 47 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area 42 min ago
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 25 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos