ABC7 Traffic Center
Section of Bruckner shut for emergency repairs
HUNTS POINT (WABC) -- A section of the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx remains closed for emergency repairs.
Crews are fixing giant holes that opened up on the road Thursday in Hunts Point.
Two eastbound lanes approaching Bronx River Avenue will be closed until 3 p.m. Saturday.
The eastbound entrance ramp from Bruckner Boulevard to the Bruckner Expressway at Bronx River Avenue will also be closed during this time.
Workers will perform full-depth concrete deck repairs on deck damage that appeared during rush hour.
These permanent repairs will replace a temporary steel plate that has been in place since shortly after the deck damage appeared.
Travelers can expect delays and should consider alternate routes.
bronx, abc7 traffic center
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 19 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos