ABC7 Traffic Center
Gas prices drop in New Jersey, says AAA
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Motorists are getting some relief at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says gas prices have dropped for seven straight days, putting an end to a 12-day streak of rising prices.
The average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday dropped to $3.65. That's down 2.5 cents from last week.
That's still 11 cents higher than a month ago, and 16 cents more than the same day last year.
The national average remains 14 cents lower than the peak price this year of $3.79 on February 27.
Analysts say gas prices could rise in coming weeks, as the summer driving season heats up and consumer demand grows higher.
gas prices, travel, new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 29 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 28 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
27 min ago