ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service restored after delays at 50th Street station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Subway service has been restored after smoke was initially reported at a Midtown Manhattan station.
Following the incident at the 50th Street station, 1, 2 and 3 train service has resumed with residual delays.
Upon further review, it turned out not to be a smoke condition.
There was a Freon leak in an air conditioning unit aboard a northbound #1 train.
The train was at the station and passengers got off.
No injuries were reported.
mass transit, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos