ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service restored after delays at 50th Street station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Subway service has been restored after smoke was initially reported at a Midtown Manhattan station.
Following the incident at the 50th Street station, 1, 2 and 3 train service has resumed with residual delays.
Upon further review, it turned out not to be a smoke condition.
There was a Freon leak in an air conditioning unit aboard a northbound #1 train.
The train was at the station and passengers got off.
No injuries were reported.
mass transit, subway, abc7 traffic center
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 59 min ago
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos