ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service restored after delays at 50th Street station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Subway service has been restored after smoke was initially reported at a Midtown Manhattan station.
Following the incident at the 50th Street station, 1, 2 and 3 train service has resumed with residual delays.
Upon further review, it turned out not to be a smoke condition.
There was a Freon leak in an air conditioning unit aboard a northbound #1 train.
The train was at the station and passengers got off.
No injuries were reported.
mass transit, subway, abc7 traffic center
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash