ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway service restored after delays at 50th Street station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Subway service has been restored after smoke was initially reported at a Midtown Manhattan station.
Following the incident at the 50th Street station, 1, 2 and 3 train service has resumed with residual delays.
Upon further review, it turned out not to be a smoke condition.
There was a Freon leak in an air conditioning unit aboard a northbound #1 train.
The train was at the station and passengers got off.
No injuries were reported.
mass transit, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 31 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 5 min ago
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
5 min ago