ABC7 Traffic Center
Man killed by NJ Transit train in Fair Lawn
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A man was killed in Fair Lawn Thursday morning after stepping in front of a New Jersey Transit train.
The incident resulted in service being suspended in both directions on NJ Transit's Bergen County line.
The man was hit by a Hoboken bound train on the Bergen County Line, near the Glen Rock-Fair Lawn border, just after 7 a.m.
Witnesses said the man walked in front of the train.
It was the second person to be fatally struck by a NJ Transit train Thursday.
At around midnight, a 26-year-old man stepped in front of a Hoboken-bound NJ Transit train along the Pascack Valley Line, near the Emerson-Westwood border.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos