ABC7 Traffic Center
Man killed by NJ Transit train in Fair Lawn
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A man was killed in Fair Lawn Thursday morning after stepping in front of a New Jersey Transit train.
The incident resulted in service being suspended in both directions on NJ Transit's Bergen County line.
The man was hit by a Hoboken bound train on the Bergen County Line, near the Glen Rock-Fair Lawn border, just after 7 a.m.
Witnesses said the man walked in front of the train.
It was the second person to be fatally struck by a NJ Transit train Thursday.
At around midnight, a 26-year-old man stepped in front of a Hoboken-bound NJ Transit train along the Pascack Valley Line, near the Emerson-Westwood border.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 3 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 50 min ago
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC botique 25 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident