ABC7 Traffic Center
Man killed by NJ Transit train in Fair Lawn
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A man was killed in Fair Lawn Thursday morning after stepping in front of a New Jersey Transit train.
The incident resulted in service being suspended in both directions on NJ Transit's Bergen County line.
The man was hit by a Hoboken bound train on the Bergen County Line, near the Glen Rock-Fair Lawn border, just after 7 a.m.
Witnesses said the man walked in front of the train.
It was the second person to be fatally struck by a NJ Transit train Thursday.
At around midnight, a 26-year-old man stepped in front of a Hoboken-bound NJ Transit train along the Pascack Valley Line, near the Emerson-Westwood border.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 42 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial 53 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 20 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
3 min ago