ABC7 Traffic Center
Man killed by NJ Transit train in Fair Lawn
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A man was killed in Fair Lawn Thursday morning after stepping in front of a New Jersey Transit train.
The incident resulted in service being suspended in both directions on NJ Transit's Bergen County line.
The man was hit by a Hoboken bound train on the Bergen County Line, near the Glen Rock-Fair Lawn border, just after 7 a.m.
Witnesses said the man walked in front of the train.
It was the second person to be fatally struck by a NJ Transit train Thursday.
At around midnight, a 26-year-old man stepped in front of a Hoboken-bound NJ Transit train along the Pascack Valley Line, near the Emerson-Westwood border.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning 14 min ago
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013