ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey gas prices down slightly
TRENTON, N.J. -- Motorists are seeing slightly lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.57, down 4 cents from last week.
But that's higher than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.48.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell by 2 cents to $3.63. But that's also higher than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.53.
Analysts say gas prices could rise in coming weeks, as the summer driving season heats up again and crude oil gets more expensive.
There's also concern that hurricanes in the Gulf Coast region could impact refineries.
gas prices, travel, abc7 traffic center
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 28 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight... 45 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
28 min ago