ABC7 Traffic Center
Truck fire shuts down part of I-78 westbound
UNION TWP., N.J. (WABC) -- A tractor-trailer burst into flames shutting down westbound lanes of I-78 on Monday afternoon.
The truck burst into flames around 2:20 p.m. near Exit 13 in Hunterdon County.
The truck was carrying diapers, according to New Jersey State Police.
NewsCopter 7 was over the scene of the crash, and showed a back-up that stretched for miles and miles.
Hazmat crews responded to clean up 150 gallons of diesel fuel on the roadway, official said.
No injuries were reported.
No details about what caused the fire were immediately available.
abc7 traffic center
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon