ABC7 Traffic Center
Two accidents caused massive delays at George Washington Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Thursday commute was a big pain after both levels of the George Washington Bridge were impacted by a tanker accident and a separate three car accident.
On the Upper Level, a tractor trailer passed over an exposed finger joint in the left lane. That punctured the truck's fuel tank, leaking fuel onto the upper level.
The truck was removed and the leak was cleaned up. Once all lanes reopened, traffic was moving pretty freely.
Separately, there was a three car crash that closed the inbound lower level. There were minor injuries in the crash.
That accident was cleared and all lanes were opened just after 7 p.m.
abc7 traffic center
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen