ABC7 Traffic Center
Two accidents caused massive delays at George Washington Bridge
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Thursday commute was a big pain after both levels of the George Washington Bridge were impacted by a tanker accident and a separate three car accident.
On the Upper Level, a tractor trailer passed over an exposed finger joint in the left lane. That punctured the truck's fuel tank, leaking fuel onto the upper level.
The truck was removed and the leak was cleaned up. Once all lanes reopened, traffic was moving pretty freely.
Separately, there was a three car crash that closed the inbound lower level. There were minor injuries in the crash.
That accident was cleared and all lanes were opened just after 7 p.m.
abc7 traffic center
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos