ABC7 Traffic Center
6 train resumes after Bronx water main break
BRONX (WABC) -- The Number 6 subway line is running again after being partly shut down during the morning rush hour because of a water main break.
Officials say the No. 6 line was running normally as of 10:18 a.m. Service had been suspended around 6 a.m. in both directions between Hunts Point Avenue in the Bronx and 125th Street in Harlem.
During the shutdown, shuttle buses ran between the two points.
The water main break was near 140th Street and Bruckner Boulevard in the Bronx.
mass transit, bronx, water main break, abc7 traffic center
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse