ABC7 Traffic Center
Overturned truck causes delays on LIE
OLD WESTBURY (WABC) -- An overturned truck created a big mess in the eastbound lanes of the LIE at Exit 40 in Old Westbury.
The accident involving the truck and a vehicle happened at 2:15 p.m. on Monday afternoon.
No injuries were reported, but all but the HOV lanes were closed for a couple of hours and the traffic jam stretched about 8 miles.
The truck was carrying sheets of plywood, which dumped all over the side of the highway.
Crews uprighted the truck by 4:30 p.m. It appeared they planned to reload the lumber.
Two lanes were open by 6:30 p.m., but two remained closed.
abc7 traffic center
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela 49 min ago
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela 59 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 49 min ago
- Who is Bill Bratton? 50 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
32 min ago
- Who is Bill Bratton?
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos