ABC7 Traffic Center
Overturned truck causes delays on LIE
OLD WESTBURY (WABC) -- An overturned truck created a big mess in the eastbound lanes of the LIE at Exit 40 in Old Westbury.
The accident involving the truck and a vehicle happened at 2:15 p.m. on Monday afternoon.
No injuries were reported, but all but the HOV lanes were closed for a couple of hours and the traffic jam stretched about 8 miles.
The truck was carrying sheets of plywood, which dumped all over the side of the highway.
Crews uprighted the truck by 4:30 p.m. It appeared they planned to reload the lumber.
Two lanes were open by 6:30 p.m., but two remained closed.
abc7 traffic center
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 47 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams