ABC7 Traffic Center
Overturned truck causes delays on LIE
OLD WESTBURY (WABC) -- An overturned truck created a big mess in the eastbound lanes of the LIE at Exit 40 in Old Westbury.
The accident involving the truck and a vehicle happened at 2:15 p.m. on Monday afternoon.
No injuries were reported, but all but the HOV lanes were closed for a couple of hours and the traffic jam stretched about 8 miles.
The truck was carrying sheets of plywood, which dumped all over the side of the highway.
Crews uprighted the truck by 4:30 p.m. It appeared they planned to reload the lumber.
Two lanes were open by 6:30 p.m., but two remained closed.
abc7 traffic center
- Winter Weather Advisory 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 33 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 4 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform 18 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
4 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
5 min ago