ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey's Pulaski Skyway to be closed over weekend
JERSEY CITY -- The 80-year-old Pulaski Skyway will be closed throughout the weekend because of construction work and all Route 1 and 9 traffic will be detoured.
Workers will install a new floor beam that supports the travel lanes over the Tonnelle Circle in Jersey City between 9 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.
The northbound lanes will be closed at the Skyway entrance near Newark Liberty International Airport. Routes 1 and 9 south will be closed at the ramp from Route 139 west to the Tonnelle Circle.
Motorists heading south on 1 and 9 trying to get onto the Skyway near the Tonnelle Circle will be able to do so. Westbound motorists on Route 139 will be able to cut through the circle and get on the Skyway southbound.
For complete detour routes, go to http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/works/studies/pulaski/floorbeamdetour.shtm
new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City 1 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Staten Island buyback collects nearly 100 guns 30 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning 47 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness'
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
26 min ago