ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey's Pulaski Skyway to be closed over weekend
JERSEY CITY -- The 80-year-old Pulaski Skyway will be closed throughout the weekend because of construction work and all Route 1 and 9 traffic will be detoured.
Workers will install a new floor beam that supports the travel lanes over the Tonnelle Circle in Jersey City between 9 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.
The northbound lanes will be closed at the Skyway entrance near Newark Liberty International Airport. Routes 1 and 9 south will be closed at the ramp from Route 139 west to the Tonnelle Circle.
Motorists heading south on 1 and 9 trying to get onto the Skyway near the Tonnelle Circle will be able to do so. Westbound motorists on Route 139 will be able to cut through the circle and get on the Skyway southbound.
For complete detour routes, go to http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/works/studies/pulaski/floorbeamdetour.shtm
new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
54 min ago