ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey's Pulaski Skyway to be closed over weekend
JERSEY CITY -- The 80-year-old Pulaski Skyway will be closed throughout the weekend because of construction work and all Route 1 and 9 traffic will be detoured.
Workers will install a new floor beam that supports the travel lanes over the Tonnelle Circle in Jersey City between 9 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.
The northbound lanes will be closed at the Skyway entrance near Newark Liberty International Airport. Routes 1 and 9 south will be closed at the ramp from Route 139 west to the Tonnelle Circle.
Motorists heading south on 1 and 9 trying to get onto the Skyway near the Tonnelle Circle will be able to do so. Westbound motorists on Route 139 will be able to cut through the circle and get on the Skyway southbound.
For complete detour routes, go to http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/works/studies/pulaski/floorbeamdetour.shtm
new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations 57 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos