ABC7 Traffic Center
New Jersey's Pulaski Skyway to be closed over weekend
JERSEY CITY -- The 80-year-old Pulaski Skyway will be closed throughout the weekend because of construction work and all Route 1 and 9 traffic will be detoured.
Workers will install a new floor beam that supports the travel lanes over the Tonnelle Circle in Jersey City between 9 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.
The northbound lanes will be closed at the Skyway entrance near Newark Liberty International Airport. Routes 1 and 9 south will be closed at the ramp from Route 139 west to the Tonnelle Circle.
Motorists heading south on 1 and 9 trying to get onto the Skyway near the Tonnelle Circle will be able to do so. Westbound motorists on Route 139 will be able to cut through the circle and get on the Skyway southbound.
For complete detour routes, go to http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/works/studies/pulaski/floorbeamdetour.shtm
new jersey, abc7 traffic center
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall