ABC7 Traffic Center
Merritt Parkway reopens after tractor trailer hits overpass
GREENWICH, Conn. (WABC) -- The Merritt Parkway northbound in Connecticut has been reopened following an incident in which a tractor trailer hit an overpass.
Police in Greenwich say the truck was traveling on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway when it hit the King Street overpass where it transitions onto the Merritt.
The vehicle lost its load of large metal pipes in the accident.
The Merritt was closed at the state line, and the Hutch was closed northbound in the same area on the New York side.
Traffic was detoured through local roads, causing heavy backups in the area. <, >
abc7 traffic center
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 20 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 51 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win